Fast Day 3 - Getting Past Your Quitting Point
On your third day of fasting, remember:
- Pray for encouragement.
- This is usually the toughest day of the fast.
- Noticeable weight loss begins.
Thoughts for your journal:
- What is the Holy Spirit showing you about endurance?
- What dreams are in your heart that only God can make possible?
Prayer Focus Day 3: Direction, Guidance, Dreams and Visions
During this fast, seek God for direction and guidance in your life. Paul said, "I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision" (Acts 26:19). Vision comes from God to help you and other people and to establish His kingdom in the earth (not to be confused with ambition, which comes from the flesh and is self-seeking). Remember the six stages of a vision:
- I thought it - God gives you the vision.
- I caught it - you start to get excited about the vision.
- I bought it - you consider the cost of the vision and pay the price.
- I sought it - nobody can talk you out of it.
- I got it - you actually possess the dream and are glad you paid the price to get it.
- I taught it - you pass it on to the next generation.
Never settle for less that God's best for your life! As God instructed Habakkuk: "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets...though it tarries, wait for it" (Hab. 2:2-3). What vision has God given you? Write it down and focus on it during the fast.