On your sixteenth day of fasting, remember:
- Observe your prayer time and prayer place.
- Reflect on your fast and how it is helping you grow spiritually.
- Your senses become more sensitive to your surroundings and the voice of God.
Thoughts for your journal:
- Remember to stay the course. Write out your thoughts on how you can continue to present your body as a living sacrifice, and see if the Lord does not open up the windows of heaven to you and shower you with His presence.
- Fasting is a form of worship that will humble you. Remind yourself of your dependency on God.
Prayer Focus Day 16: Personal Ministry
God has given you giftings to use for His purposes. It makes me think of Abraham and the five dynamics that brought him into the place of ministry, the place of destiny that God had for him. First, he could "hear" God. Second, Abraham believed what he heard. Third, he came to a place of denouncing the comfort zone he lived in, in order to follow God's leading. Fourth, Abraham had the courage to follow God's direction for his life. And finally, he had the tenacity to focus on the promise and not the problems that stood in his way. So, on this day of the fast, I encourage you to pray and seek God about His purpose and plan for your life, your ministry unto Him.