Fast Day 1 - Getting Started
On your first day of fasting, remember:
- Pray and stay in God's Word.
- Drink lots of water.
- Expect headaches, hunger pangs; and cravings for food, sugar and caffeine.
- Play praise and worship music as much as possible.
Thoughts for your journal:
- What are your own personal reasons for fasting?
- Do you desire sensitivity to the things of God?
Prayer Focus Day 1: Salvation of Souls
There is NO greater burden for which to seek the Lord than the salvation of souls. If you have unsaved friends and family - and we all do - they need to hear of God's love for them, but they also need to understand that there is a very real, very dark, very horrific place for those who do not accept Jesus. The Lord spoke more of hell than He did of heaven. So, as you begin this fast, let your focus be the souls of those close to you who need salvation. Do not be discouraged but persistent. Keep praying! "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart" (Heb 12:3, NIV).