Day One - First Things First
ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF FASTING, REMEMBER:
* Pray and stay in God's Word. This is why you are fasting!
* Expect headaches, cravings for food, sugar and caffeine.
* Drink lots of water. Hydration reduces hunger and headaches.
* Play praise and worship music to help you focus.
THOUGHTS FOR YOUR JOURNAL:
* What are your own personal reasons for fasting?
* What is God revealing to you as you begin this fast?
PRAYER FOCUS DAY 1:
We live in a world that wants attention: our jobs, our kids, our spouses, social media, our hobbies—the demands and distractions of life are all around. And we have to be careful not to let anything become more important than our relationship with God. Even the important things in life must follow our love of God. Deuteronomy 5:8-9 says, You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind, or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods (NLT).
How many of the things that occupy our time, money, thoughts and attention have taken the place where God is supposed to be? Begin day one with the most important one. Make God the first thing first.