Day Two - Focus on Followers
ON YOUR SECOND DAY OF FASTING, REMEMBER:
* Pray and stay in God's Word.
* Rest to conserve your energy.
* The second and third days are the most challenging.
* Your body starts burning fat for energy, a process called "ketosis."
THOUGHTS FOR YOUR JOURNAL:
* Do you need a deeper, more intimate, and more powerful relationship with the Lord?
* Do you need a fresh encounter with God?
PRAYER FOCUS DAY 2: THE SECOND FIRST
I Timothy 2:1-4
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
This scripture from Timothy begins with the words, “First of all…” All people are created by God and it is his desire that none should perish. As you begin to fast, align your heart with God and direct your prayers to the salvation of others. Notice that we are not the ones that can save others, but rather, we are to lift up people in prayer to God. People need Jesus! Let’s focus day two on the people that need Jesus. When Jesus was asked the greatest command, he said that we should first love God and also love our neighbors. Let’s pray for others.