2019 Corporate Fast
January 17 - February 6
Subscribe via email or download our app to receive our 21 Day Devotional throughout the Fast!
Register for our Fasting Classes coming January 2019! Offered at both Tampa and SouthShore Campus.
Our first class will give you an overview of fasting. The second class will teach you how to incorporate prayer with fasting.
Dates of Classes
Tampa Campus, Saturdays at 6pm
(January 12th and January 19th)
Southshore Campus, Sundays at 8:45am
(January 13th and January 20th)
Childcare will be provided.
Basic Tips for Fasting
Make a personal fasting calendar that fits your convictions and level of experience with fasting. When we plan what we are going to do and how we are going to do it, we position ourselves to finish strong.
Make an effort to disconnect from the “noise” that is a normal part of daily life. Television, newspapers, Twitter and Facebook are not bad in and of themselves, but they can be a distraction. If at all possible try to limit their use for the next few days so you can give full attention to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
Keep your fridge and pantry stocked with the items you need. Being unprepared to fast sets you up to give into temptation.
Set aside a time each day (the morning works best for most people) to read your Bible and devotional. Find a quiet spot where you can be alone, write down your own reflections and the things God shows you as you pray and read.
Fasting requires reasonable precautions. If you have any health concerns, please consult your physician prior to starting your fast - especially if you are taking medication, have a chronic condition or if you are pregnant or nursing.
Fasting for Kids & Students
- Eating only fruit for sweets, (no cookies, candy)
- Munching on veggies only (no chips, etc.)
- No carbonated beverages or milk (only water)
- Playing only board games (no video games)
- Limit or fast watching any entertainment (i.e. TV, streaming services, YouTube).
- Fast all social media and news sources (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TV News, News Apps).
- Use discretion on Educational and Bible Apps that could be optional or put off until the fast.
- Spending only if it is a necessity (school supplies or warm clothing items)
- No purchases of convenience items, unnecessary snacks, entertainment items, etc.
- All other monies received are saved.
- Going to bed earlier than usual
- Sitting with moments of quiet during the day
21 Day Fasting Journal
Purchase Jentezen Franklin's Fasting Journal at the Resource Center.
21 Day Fasting Book
Purchase Jentezen Franklin's fasting book.