Walk In The Light
1. God’s Light
1 John 1:5-10 (NIV)
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.
1 John 2:1-2 (NIV)
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
Once we receive Christ, we can continue to walk in darkness and truly have fellowship with him (1 John 1:6-7)
- The darkness means that we remain ignorant of God…we continue in our vain and foolish imaginations about God…nature/character
- The darkness means evil behavior and deeds…questionable activities, guilty shameful, distant from God
- The darkness means living by our carnal nature…pleasure followed by pain/sorrow “Anger/Gossip”
- The darkness means that man is unfruitful in life…Success earthly/Fruitful related to relationship with God
- The darkness means that man dwells in darkness…blind to salvation…spiritual renewal/healing, freedom, Godly desires, true destinies
- The darkness means the influence and power of Satan…ruled by the power and dominion of Satan instead of being ruled by the power and dominion of God
1. You have your ticket but you've never gotten on the plane.
Practical Step: Follow somebody who is getting on the plane. Friend with a Flashlight: Proverbs 18:24 (NIV)
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Psalm 119:105 (NIV)
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
2. You have your ticket and you have boarded the Plane, but you’re stuck in the Back.
Practical Step: Get next to somebody who knows what the ticket provides and what’s required to move up.
Galatians 4:1-6 (NIV)
What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." Not a slave/ You’re a Son and your Heavenly Father has provided you a First Class Ticket
Hebrews 4:12-13 (NIV)
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Letting the Word be living and active in your lifestyle…Song of Solomon mentions the little Foxes. They are small, but deadly bc they dig up the roots of the trees that are supposed to be producing the fruit in your life.
3. You have realized what your ticket provides and what is required to move up but haven’t taken your place next to the Pilot.
Practical Step: Get next to somebody who does the will of the Lord knows how to empower others to do the same….find a faithful Mother/Father in the faith.
James 1:22-25 (NIV)
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.
1 Corinthians 4:14-17 (NIV)
I am not writing this to shame you, but to warn you, as my dear children. Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. Therefore I urge you to imitate me. For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
1. Confess your Sin
2. Receive forgiveness based on the blood of Christ.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NIV)
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
3. Experience true fellowship with your Heavenly Father and live in the destiny he designed for your life