First Wednesday (Second Wednesday) Presbytery
What is it?
1 Timothy 4:14 (NKJV) Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
1 Timothy 4:14 (KJV) Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
Acts 15:35 (NIV) But Paul and Barnabas remained in Antioch, where they and many others taught and preached the word of the Lord.
Acts 15:32 (NIV) Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the brothers.
1 Corinthians 14:3 (NIV) But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
- To witness the supernatural - Testimonies, everything recorded and reviewed
- To hear and see God speak
- To experience the privilege of being together in his presence
1 John 1:1-4 (NIV) 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.
Happiness and Joy
- Happiness depends on Happenings
- Joy is recognizing that relationship with Jesus is the real Lottery in life
Hebrews 12:2-3 (NIV) 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
The Joy of the Lord is our Strength
His joy is loving us, our joy is receiving his love!
Romans 15:13 (NIV) 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The fellowship of the Father and His Son brings joy (1 John 1:3-4).
- Victory over sin, death, and hell brings joy (John 14:28; John 16:20-22).
- Repentance brings joy (Luke 15:7, 10).
- The hope of glory brings joy (Romans 14:17; Hebrews 12:2; 1 Peter 4:13).
- The Lord's Word—the revelations, commandments, and promises which He made—brings joy (John 15:11).
- The commandments of Christ and the will of God bring joy. Obeying and doing a good job stirs joy within the believer's heart (John 15:11; John 17:13; Acts 13:52).
- Prayer brings joy (John 16:24).
- The presence and fellowship of believers brings joy (1 John 1:3-4).
- Converts bring joy (Luke 15:5; Phil. 4:1; 1 Thes. 2:19-20).
- Hearing that others walk in the truth brings joy (3 John 4).
- Giving brings joy (2 Cor. 8:2; Hebrews 10:34).