Discouraged: Encourage yourself in the Lord – He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it, it’s him work works within you both to will and to act according to his good pleasure, all things are possible to him who believes, with God all things are possible, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you, now to him who able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ask or imagine. Now to Him be the glory in the church forever and ever.
Work on a few Fixes
1. Double Standard: Outward Spirituality/Inward wrong motives or false belief – 1 Sam 16:7, Acts 13, Romans 12:1-2.
What is required: The willing sacrifice of Self
2. Work: Gen 3:19, 2 Thes 3:10
What is required: Discovery of Purpose…genesis of great productivity
3. Capacity: Education/Experience/Vital Skill to be gained. Ephesians 1:6
What is required: Time…sacrifice what you have to get what you want
4. Management: Give/Save/Spend…Spending issue - constantly doing what your finances haven’t determined you can do…buying things you don’t need to impress people you don’t like. Insisting on a lifestyle that is above the level of what you actually earn. It’s funny how fast “later” comes when you buy now!
What is required: Align yourself to God’s pattern
5. Debt/Devourer: Proverbs 22:7 (NIV) 7 The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.
What is required: Intensity to lose yourself from Slavery…18 Months
What is this all for?: Next Generation/Our Children to be given a vision to carry on the redemptive work of Christ in the World
Proverbs 22:6 (NIV) 6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it… verse 7…The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.
Deuteronomy 6:20-25 (GW) 20 In the future your children will ask you, “What do these regulations, laws, and rules which the LORD our God commanded you mean to you?” 21 Tell them, “We were Pharaoh's slaves in Egypt, but the LORD used his mighty hand to bring us out of there. 22 Right before our eyes the LORD did miraculous signs and amazing things that were spectacular but terrible for Egypt, Pharaoh, and his whole family. 23 The LORD led us out of there to bring us here and give us this land he promised to our ancestors with an oath. 24 The LORD our God commanded us to obey all these laws and to fear him. These laws are for our own good as long as we live so that he will preserve our lives. It's still true today. 25 This is how we'll have the LORD'S approval: If we faithfully obey all these laws in the presence of the LORD our God, as he has commanded us.”
It takes 2 generations to build a Godly heritage but it only takes 1 to lose it…Blessing and Favor are Generational!