Fast Day 2 - Hungering for Living Bread
On your second day of fasting, remember:
- Pray and stay in God's Word.
- Rest to conserve your energy.
- The second and third days are the most challenging.
- Your body starts burning fat for energy, a process called "ketosis."
Thoughts for your journal:
- Do you need a deeper, more intimate, and more powerful relationship with the Lord?
- Do you need a fresh encounter with God?
Prayer Focus Day 2: Pastors
Your Pastor - All Pastors - need prayer. Sometimes the weight of ministry can get so overwhelming that the joy, freshness, and power of the calling can be forgotten. As with Elijah, the spirit of Jezebel attempts to ensnare through lust and pride, and if that doesn't work, it brings discouragement and defeat. (See 1 Kings 18-19). The attacks affect not only pastors, but often their families as well.
Fasting and praying for protection, restored joy, and increased anointing in your pastor's live will release untold blessings on him, your church, and even your own life. If you know of specific areas you could target in prayer list them in your journal.
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen - Hebrews 13:20-21