Day Sixteen – Worship
ON YOUR SIXTEENTH DAY OF FASTING, REMEMBER:
* Listen to worship music for inspiration and support.
* Reflect on your fast and how it is helping you grow spiritually.
* Your senses become more sensitive to your surroundings and the voice of God.
THOUGHTS FOR YOUR JOURNAL:
* Remember to stay the course. Write out your thoughts on how you can continue to present your body as a living sacrifice, and see if the Lord does not open up the windows of heaven to you and shower you with His presence.
* Fasting is a form of worship that will humble you. Remind yourself of your dependency on God.
PRAYER FOCUS DAY 16: WORSHIP
John 4:23-24 – But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth
Hebrews 13:15 – Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
Worship is more than singing, in fact, singing is a small part. We worship God with all that we have and all that we do. At the heart of worship is the heart of the worshipper – meaning that true worship is an extension of our love. Worship is how we portray our love and can come in many forms. Scripture alone shows us several ways to worship: bow, kneel, lay down, shout, jump, raise hands, sing, and play an instrument are all ways we can worship.
Prayer is also an act of worship. Worship God today in all that you do.